Thursday, November 24, 2005

"I hear church!"

That was Ethan's response to hearing a portable listening device for the first time. In this case it was my iPod shuffle. I put the ear buds in his ear while Matt Redman's "Blessed Be the Name" was playing. His eyes widened, then he looked up at me and said, "I hear church!" His little head started bobbing up and down and the beat quickly took over his body as he went into a full-on jig (it's a cross between Ed Grimly and Curly from the 3 stooges). The dancing kept him going through the 2nd song "God of Wonders", at which point he started singing the chorus as loud as he could, "You are ho-yee, ho-yee" (he has trouble with L's). It was all very cute.

I just thought it was cool that he associates church with singing, dancing and fun.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is way cool! I can't wait to see what Nicholas comes up with once he learns to talk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home