Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Blogging is hard work


Wow! Can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since my last entry. Didn't realize blogging was such a discipline.

I guess I should start with Lucas' first birthday. It was great! What really got me was that he was really "there". He seemed to really enjoy the classic aspects of most birthday parties. He liked hitting the pinata. He liked when people started singing. He liked the little flame that flickered so invitingly on his cake.

Lucas' 3 favorite presents:
-balloons
-tissue paper from gift bags
-a truck and bus that make lots of noise, rolls about 6 feet then makes more noise

A lot of friends and family showed up. It was good to see everyone under decidedly happier circumstances. My brother Jeff brought his wife and daughter. They also brought my stepmom. Cindy and I were especially touched they made the trek all the way from Folsom.

And I couldn't have been more proud of Ethan. He was a great big brother! He seemed to be genuinely excited to celebrate his little brother's BDay. I say this a lot, but that kid just amazes me sometimes.

It was a very blessed afternoon.

3 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Sami said...

I'm so happy he liked my noisy presents! Erick keeps saying we're not going to have any noisy toys in our house. I think he's in for a surprise, but here I am buying noisy presents for other people. But they were so fun!!

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that the first birthday can be more fun to the one-year-old than people think... it debunks the myth that baby's parties are only for the adults. I am very much looking forward to our little guy's first. He has no idea what he's in for!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Ramona said...

i must say from first hand experience, that both of your children are absolutely amazing. again, i think that God is telling the garcia clan to be fruitful and multiply! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home