Thursday, September 15, 2005

Be it ever so humble

It's been a crazy month or so. The business with my dad had been going on for about a month before I was able to get up there to help. And by help I mean stand around until someone asks for something. I probably felt more useless than I was. At least I hope so...

I was gone all of last week, seeing my dad's last days, being a support for my stepmom, planning for the memorial service. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. It's just that I'm not the type who really, really likes doing stuff. Cat-like in my relaxation am I. So I've been a bit tired lately.

I was more than ready to come home again. Missed my wife, missed my sons fiercely. It was really good to get home and feel like I was home again. Even liked going back to work, because it was a routine I was used to. Actually, I liked going back to work because I get to drive around a lot. Fix some phones. Feeling useful.

Anyway, I still feel really tired. Ususally sleeping isn't a problem for me. Every time I blinked, I used to run the risk of falling asleep. And, I could sleep through most natural disasters. Not so much now.

Also, everyone else has been sick this week. From my 1 yr old son to my 93 yr old grandpa (he lives next door), they've all been leaking through various orifices all week! My poor wife. My poor sons. My poor mom. ugh! I think a big part of me just wants them well so they can take care of me...hmm. But I know I'm still a bit skittish as I watch them all be sick. Just want to be sure they get well again. I'd really like some well people to hang out with.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cats sure do know how to relax. And they don't seem to get colds very often either. But I have seen them sneeze, come to think of it. Much more yawning, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home