Sunday, February 05, 2006

Happy SuperBowl everyone!!!

A new entry today so's to appease the masses. Or more accurately, Sami who gently prodded me to post by saying "Get your lazy pneumonia-ridden butt off the couch and update your blog! Jeeze!" I paraphrase, but that was the gist of it.

Like most Americans today, I am watching the Superbowl. By myself. Just like last year. And the year before that. Oh yeah, and the year before that.

Didn't used to be like that. Used to have pals to watch the game with. Then one went off to Illinois to go to get his doctorate where he just "happened" to meet a girl that he ended up dating, marrying, blah, blah, blah... The other pal of mine heard God "call" him to share the Gospel with "unreached" "people" "groups". So he's with his wife and kids huddled in an apartment on the other side of the world, going out only for supplies and to meet with any of the native people who risk their lives if they decide to convert, yadda, yadda.

Noble reasons? Maybe. Still, they could be here at Casa Garcia watching El Bowel Supremo.

Actually, I did get invited to what sounds like a killer SB party today. Planned on going, but then WHAMMO, I go and get pneumonia. I knew I shouldn't have let all those preschoolers borrow my Chapstick. I guess some things you just have to learn the hard way.

Oh well, there's always next year.

4 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Joe! Great to hear from you, but so sorry you have pneumonia! Is it actually pneumonia? Are you on antibiotics, I hope? I was NOT happy that I got it in October-December. The third round of antibiotics finally kicked it...I hope it's faster for you. Rest up, man!

Cheer up, we didn't even GET to watch the Superbowl, since it STARTS at MIDNIGHT here...(not to mention we don't have TV reception).

Get well soon.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Sami said...

Yay! A Post!
Maybe next year we can all watch the Superbowl together.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger randall said...

"The Supreme Bowel?"

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Ramona said...

i resent the "happened" in quotation marks. :P i saw you at the wedding, you did have fun! :) and no one said that your pal is going to be in champaign-urbana forever! :) i will speak with my husband, and your pal, about planning a trip out there again. perhaps even during the super bowl! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home